As my mother would say, I am not a spring chicken anymore. The older we get, the more important skin care becomes. The number one rule of skin care is moisturize and sun protection! It really is the foundation of healthy skin.
When I was planning my wedding, I went to a bridal expo and was invited to a bridal pampering session. Moisturizing was the theme of the day. As you get older it becomes more apparent. Your skin changes and it takes more work to have your skin looking fresh and youthful. It was during this time that I really paid attention to the experts about skin care.
With all that being said, you really need to be choosey about your moisturizer. And ladies (and gentlemen) you are never too young to start taking care of your skin. The sooner you start, the better your skin will be as you get older. You also need to find the right moisturizer for your skin. It makes a difference if you have dry, oily or combination skin. And, I am sad to say, it also depends on your age.
You know I am one to save money on anything I can, but I must tell you that this is one product that you do not want to skimp on. I am over 40, so I need added age fighting ingredients. I was so excited when I was chosen to try InstaNatural Youth Express Vitamin C Moisturizer! It has everything I was looking for! It uses many age fighting ingredients and antioxidants, which I love. It contains Vitamin C of course, as well as Niacinimide, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptide Complex and MSM. You can get it on Amazon here. And, a little of this moisturizer goes a long way so it will last you a long time.
But of course you want to know how it works, don’t you? The lotion is very rich and smooth. You only need the size of a pea to cover your face. You can always put on more, but you cannot put extra back. The first time I used it, I definitely used to much, but I also put it on my hands so I was actually able to really get a sense of how well it works. And the product is long lasting. Even through washing my hands a couple of times, my hands still felt soft and hydrated.
After about a week, I found that my fine lines were less noticeable. I am really excited about using it for a while. I just wish it included sun protection.
I was also given a bottle of Vitamin C Serum. This is like the super booster to the moisturizer! It contains argon oil, which has become popular of late. Experts are raving at the results of using the oil regularly. If you want to find out more about argon oil, I read this article. Many people feel like it is such a great product that they are using it without moisturizing. There are other oils in this serum as well, which also have restorative benefits. They are Sea Buckthorn oil and Rosehip oil. It also includes many of the same anti aging ingredients that are in the moisturizer. You can get it here. It is selling for $ 16.75, but worth every penny in my opinion. And just like the moisturizer, a little goes a long way.
I started using this product just around my eyes at first because that it what I thought the product was for. I have since found out that you can use it on your entire face. I cannot wait to see the results of that! I have seen a difference around my eyes already. The skin tone is evening out and my lines are fading. I cannot wait to see what it does all over!
The serum has a pleasant scent. I believe it is the pomegranate, which I love.
I use both products after I cleanse and tone my face. I have really seen a difference since using these products.
I have received these products for free to test, but all opinions are my own. You can check out these and other products from this company at their website: http://instanatural.com
Of course, you want to make sure you get the most of your products, so here are some tips for applying moisturizer. There tips also work for the serum!
1. Wear sunscreen every day. Try using a moisturizer that has SPF, that way you don’t have to add an extra step to your morning routine.
2. Never sleep with your makeup on. Washing your face at night will prevent any dirt and impurities from seeping into your skin and causing breakouts.
3. To lock-in extra moisture, apply your moisturizer when your skin is still slightly damp.
4. Clean your makeup brushes. Not only does old makeup start to build up on the bristles, but dust particles will stick to them as well. Be sure to wash your brushes at least once a week using any hair shampoo you have handy. You will notice quite the difference in makeup application and the clearness of your skin. Especially with sensitive skin, also make sure to use synthetic brushes (such as Tweezerman brush iQ).
5. Drink no less than 8 glasses of water a day. Hydration is important on both the inside and out. Use our Hydrating mask twice a week to infuse moisture to the skin. The Spirulina Extract in this face mask provides a reservoir of water which it releases into the skin when needed.
If you want to know how to add hydrating foods to your diet, you can check out my post about that here.
Do you have additional tips for applying moisturizer? I would love it if you shared!